
Walla Walla onions from http://dixondalefarms.com/. This great company tells you what onions will do best in your area as well as what each onion is best used for. They also ship them to you just when you want to plant. I will be using the Walla Walla's as soon as they are ripe for bottling salsa, spaghetti sauce, zucchini relish, and many wonderful vegetable based soups. I can hardly wait! 

Copra onions from http://dixondalefarms.com/. The copra onion is a great storage onion. I will hope to dry and store these all winter for all my cooking needs.

Sugar Buns corn from http://johnnyseeds.com/. This corn variety is exceptional! There was a nursery here in town that used to carry it but it is now closed. I found it again at Johnny seeds and at a great price. If you like to grow sweet corn you have to try this out! (check to make sure it is suited to your climate) We will be gorging ourselves all summer and freezing the rest to enjoy all winter.
I also purchased green bean, carrot, beet, zucchini, and pickling cucumber seeds from http://parkseed.com/. They seemed to have the best selection of the varieties I wanted. I am waiting and hoping to get cheap potato seed from neighbor farmers this spring as well as some tomato plants. Let me know if you have any other wonderful garden seed ideas or information. Here's to spring!
I also purchased green bean, carrot, beet, zucchini, and pickling cucumber seeds from http://parkseed.com/. They seemed to have the best selection of the varieties I wanted. I am waiting and hoping to get cheap potato seed from neighbor farmers this spring as well as some tomato plants. Let me know if you have any other wonderful garden seed ideas or information. Here's to spring!
yeeeaaaah!!!!!!!! my first sister to get a blog!!! i'm so happy. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah!! I am so excited that you have a blog and I think the name is perfect!! It is sadly my way of keeping up everyones happenings. Love you and your precious boys lots!!
ReplyDelete