June 21, 2009

frosting

This cake was made to see if I could come close to frosting a cake like the one in the top picture. It's not quite the same but still a cute style I think. I used a cream cheese frosting on my cake. However, I think I am going to use a butter cream frosting on the real wedding cake because I can make it stiffer than the cream cheese. Thanks Melissa and Wilton for the helpful hints and frosting recipes. I didn't know homemade frosting was so fun or so yummy!

2 comments:

  1. jen it looks awesome!! seriously. i think it's gorgeous.

    and also...i noticed you left your tortillas in the freezer and i remembered at the last second to have becky bring them up to you. whew. crisis averted. :D

    as long as they are still good after being thawed out....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Cream Cheese frosting is always so yummy. The butter cream will hold the shape and peaks better for a more professional look. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete