



I don't know if I've had enough time post marathon to come to an accurate conclusion on what I think about them. They are really hard. At times they are really fun. For the last 8 miles you are thinking I am never doing this again! I was sensational, in my opinion, through the first half. In fact, I think 13.1 is where it is at. That seems like a great race. I held about 8:09 minute miles according to all the Garmin people around me. Then at about mile 16 my legs started cramping. Calves, hams, and quads on both legs. I couldn't stretch because whatever muscle I wanted to stretch the opposing muscle would contract into massive cramps. All I could do was walk it off. So I would walk until I felt okay then run until they started to seize. I anticipated fatigue and needing mental endurance but not physical limitations like cramps. The other problem was that the bottoms of my feet got blisters early on. I think a combination of my insoles, the rain, a lot of down hill, and fairly new shoes . . . I don't know, but it wasn't fun. However, I met lots of fun racers a long the way and had fun racing and visiting with them. Some people are totally zoned out but lots are fun and kind of laughing about the misery we all signed up for. I ended up finishing right around the 4 hour mark. I don't know my official time yet.
Thanks Keith all the support throughout my training and for taking care of EVERYTHING the day of the race. There was a lot of day in and day out support I needed during training and Keith picked up a lot of slack over the last few months! Thanks again Keith for making this accomplishment happen! Thanks Michelle for being so excited for all of us and being there with signs and smiles. Thanks Katie and Dave for hosting us and wowing all of us with a great finish. Thanks Jolene and Dwayne for being great training partners and always making the trip more fun. Thanks Paul for catching me at mile 23. It totally gave me a boost of energy for that half mile we ran together until I cramped up again.
Anyway, Long post. Thanks Tiff and Paul for a few pictures off your blogs. Don't you all love the one of Paul eating his creamy!?
So great Jenny. Congrats! Every time I read one of your posts I think of so many memories. I really miss you. I hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteI am in Utah for the next month so if you come down let me know!
You did awesome! I am sorry we didn't go hang out after. This is a huge accomplishment and you were all smiles. Maybe, and yes I said maybe next time I will sign up for the pain too. So good to see you guys and your cute boys.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jenny! I knew you were racing (your sister told me), so on my way home I drove on the route and saw you right around BYU. You are awesome. I hope that I can finish one of those one day, but I might have to wait until the kids are a little older.
ReplyDeleteTamber
You are my hero! I'm so impressed at what you've accomplished. That said, 13.1 miles IS where it's at. I'll do a half with you anytime!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your great accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you today so I was glad you had updated your blog. Can you move at all today?
For the record I cannot move. Wow! I have never been this sore. EVER!
ReplyDeleteSo impressive Jenny. I can't even imagine running for that long, congrats.
ReplyDeleteI left a comment this morning, not sure where it went. Maybe keith deleted it because I suggested he run with us next time. Anyway, congrats, you rocked it. Sorry about the cramping, that sux. I am pretty sore and my knee is killing me but I had to come to work today so it's gotta get feeling better soon. Sorry we left after, I was just done and wanted to go home and lay down. So when is the next one?
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome!! Thanks for giving me the running bug. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do what you just did, but maybe half. Good Job!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration!!! You never cease to amaze me Jenny! Way to go. And I love love love that you have your Jenny smile/laugh on while you are running.
ReplyDeleteHey, I wish I had come down to cheer you all on--but I was working. Yes even on a Saturday. Congratulation! Can't wait for Canada in August.
ReplyDelete